How to Turn Prospects into Clients
In this article, we’ll look at how to turn prospects into clients and provide you with 14 ideas you can use today to kick-start your business development program.
Your marketing is doing its job when you have a new prospect. Now let’s look at how to turn prospects into clients.
There are a few essential methods that draw prospects in and seal the deal.
Strive to be:
- Personable — engaging
Before we get too deep into drawing prospects in, it’s vital to understand the significant fear prospects grapple with as they look at purchasing from you.
The biggest fear of most new prospects is the anticipated dread of buyer’s remorse.
It’s vital to avoid buyer’s remorse at all costs. You will ease doubt by providing a quality product or service that delivers on the marketing promises you’ve made. However, buyer’s remorse can still occur.
There are two ways to deal with it:
- Offer to refund the money with no questions asked (for service-based businesses).
- Offer a bonus they can keep even if they return the product (for product-based businesses).
Making these offers upfront will alleviate buyer’s remorse because your prospect will trust you more due to having made the offer.
“Like it or we’ll give you your money back” is a powerful guarantee. In business development, this is called “risk reversal” and ensures prospects are comfortable buying from you.
Now let’s take the next step and provide 14 ideas on how to turn prospects into clients
Consider these ideas:
- Offer a special price as an opportunity for you to test the market.
- Offer a lower price for a reason like overstocked inventory, to pay a tax bill, for your kid’s’ braces, or another tangible reason. Clients love this because it makes you feel more human.
- Offer a referral incentive.
- Offer a smaller, inexpensive product first to build trust.
- Offer package deals.
- Offer to charge less for their first purchase if they become a repeat customer.
- Offer extra incentives such as; longer warranties or free bonuses if ordered by a set date.
- Offer financing options, if applicable.
- Offer a bonus if they pay in full.
- Offer special packaging or delivery.
- Offer “name your own price” incentives.
- Offer comparative data or other comparison tools.
- Offer a trade-up or upgrade on something they already have.
- Offer additional, educational information to help them make the decision.
The options are limitless. You can use these ideas or find other ways to engage your prospects. Your goal is to try different ideas until you discover what works the best for your business, products or services, and target market.
Remember the wise words of a marketing legend.
“By making it inviting, easy, informative, non-threatening, educational, inspiring, and fun to do business with you, you’ll loft your company above the competition.”Jay Abraham
Do you need help to figure out the best strategy for converting prospects into long-term clients?
Our GUIDED TOUR gives you exclusive access to a mountain of resources and tools, along with information from some of the greatest marketing minds available.
I’d enjoy hearing your thoughts and ideas on this article. Feel free to leave a comment.